Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year


I like to shop, normally.

I really do.

But this year I will freely admit I am DREADING holiday shopping. It's just once more stress component added on to my work situation, S. work issues, babymaking issues, the fact that I don't have time to houseclean, so forth and so on. Et cetera!

No, I'm not a scrooge.

But considering I am one of those people who usually puts a lot of thought into the "perfect" gift, I am a bit, well....... guilty this year.

I am declaring.... "Christmas Lite"

As in, we will be focusing on the part of Christmas that is not rushing around or standing in line at the mall. Let me back up... I would gladly stand in line at my favorite local bakery for sweets, but I won't be at Macy's behind the person opening a new, revolving account at the register when 30 angry people are in line.

We will celebrate the holidays with the things we enjoy most- being together with those we love and counting our blessings that we still have the opportunity to laugh and reminisce.

So.

If you are a member of my dear family, please don't expect the perfect gift this year. More than likely, your gift will be a gift card. It's not that I don't love you enough... it's that I love you too much to give you a lousy gift you don't want because I will be soooooo off the mark this year (my brain being off-kilter and all).

Having my friends and family is all I want this year.

and a BFP at the end of my next cycle, that would be good too...

just sayin'...