Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Wrap




I can't let the year finish without the obligatory Post-Christmas post. I guess I am off my game this year, because I really don't have many pictures. Damn!  I was busy taking some video, and left the picture taking to S., and well... that didn't work out so great.

Truth be told, it's no secret that I've had a Nikon camera on my wish list for years now, and thanks to "the-expenses-I-care-not-to-talk-about" it's hard to justify buying it.  Just me and my crappy camera for now.

We did have a nice holiday.  All the snow melted from earlier in the week thanks to a drenching downpour Christmas Day, which gives a good excuse to DO NOTHING.  I spent the entire weekend in the house with David and husband, building Legos, and playing video games.  I am now a resident expert of Lego Rock Band for Nintendo DS.  Yes I AM. And proud of it.

This week, while I've been working like a crazed lunatic, S. and David have been having fun.  Lots of fun.    Not that I am missing it all (well, I sort of am) but I am a wee bit jealous.

While I am hip-deep in my financial reporting and firedrills for work, they have been embracing some serious 1x1 male bonding time.  And for the first time in recorded history, they are grocery shopping for me.  ALONE.  God help me.

As New Years Eve looms tomorrow, I had thought about posting my annual why the year sucked bad post.  But that's getting repetitve. 

I've got a lot of bitching to do but not in the mood to do it.

In fact, I have a lot of emotions to share with you all, but I don't want to pay it lip-service.  For now, I am enjoying having my boys (the big and little one) home with me. 

I just can't drag myself into that dark place right now.  Next week, when work calms down, I have a few items on my to-do list.

This year will be the year of healing.

post signature