Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I am an expert at waiting

I woke up this morning to the same headache I've had for 3 days now. Definitely allergy related. Now I am nursing a sore throat as well due to the post-nasal drippiness. Oh, I hate it when a cup of hot tea doesn't help. It's the pits.

News from my RE yesterday... the donor is scheduled next week for her consult. Pray she doesn't set off any alarm bells. Nurse Vicki likes her a lot, and randomly called me yesterday just to say the donor was excited to get going. This is positive. Let's hope that her Day 3 ultrasound and bloodwork timing works out to my benefit. Worse case scenario, her consult is on Day 5 of her cycle or something, and we have to wait another 4 weeks to run the Day 3 stuff.

Now that I have vacation looming next month, I am starting to want to get out of here really bad. This vacation will be a little odd in that we are trying NOT to spend any money (or as little as we can). Since the vacation is essentially paid for (because it's a timeshare we own) we only have to ante up gas and food.

With S. and my job's hanging precariously by a string, let me tell you... If this vacation was unpaid, we would have surely cancelled it. But knowing we can do this on a small budget, I am happy that we are. The STRESS is so HIGH in the BagMomma house, I can't think of anything but escaping it. Nine days to forget about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. There hasn't been such a highly anticipated vacation around here for years.

Off to find some more tea.