So I picked another donor. In-house.
She is older (27), already a Mom (recent proven fertility), and seems like a very responsible person, on paper. One of the nurses at my clinic, (let's call her Vicki)... I love. When I sat down in that familiar room and opened up the binder, she and I had a long talk about where my head is at. I gave her the same speech I gave my Donor Coordinator, which was.... I want them to intently determine if this donor is on point from Day One. If they feel any indication of wishy-washyness (is that a word?) or instability I want the brakes slammed down, and I'll move on.
So after I narrowed down to this donor in the book, I had a couple minor questions. Vicki was nice enough to offer up calling her and feeling her out for me at the same time. So she left the room, I sat in silence for 20 minutes checking my e-mail.
When she got back, Vicki smiled. "I think this one is a keeper.... she said she's very interested and ready to go. " Without telling me anything I can't know (the part that sucks choosing an anonymous donor), I saw in her face that this was a good choice. I am happy to take advantage of the money-savings the clinic is giving back to me because of my bad experience.
Assuming this girl passes my litmus test with the donor coordinator at her intake appointment, I guess we have a donor again. Hopefully not a "crackerjack"....(my blogging buddy Kim made me pee my pants using this term... Kim, I'd link to you here if you had an open blog... you slay me...lol).
So after a blessing from the husband last night, we are back on the map for
Donor Cycle #1, Part Deux.
Please, please let this be The One.