
Don't they say sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward?
The last time I was free-wheeling, pregnancy-avoiding Shelli was when I was 33 years old. It was the eve of my 34th birthday when we decided we were ready to start our family. That was almost 7 years ago.
I had been on birth-control pills for nearly 14 years.
Today, I am back on the wagon against my will.
Well, it's not the world's worst tragedy I guess. I was hoping to start my injectables cycle in two weeks, but that will now be extended slightly because I just started a pack of 21-day pills today.
It seems my body is still revolting from the m/c from hell, and I am getting tired of seeing spot every single day for the last three weeks... so my RE thought it might be a good idea to regulate this cycle and get to another (hopefully normal) period in December.
I had an uneventful u/s today, and the good news is there are no abnormalities causing the continued bleeding (no cysts, just ill-behaved ovaries asleep on the job).
I guess it could be worse. It's just the thought of birth control is somewhat ironic (even though I know it's used a heck of a lot during infertility treatment). I just lose a month of trying au naturale.
Please tell me it will be ok and my body will abide so I can get one cycle in before the end of the year? Please?
BTDT IF/SIF buddies, please make me feel that this is a good thing. Because I am really trying to stay positive.