Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

One step forward, two steps back

I didn't blog about this last week because, frankly, my patience is starting to wear thin.

I had another beta last Wednesday, and it was 18 (down from 23 the previous week, and 30 before that). So, it's going down, but not as fast enough as I would like.

I am approaching week 10 since the miscarriage, and I am just all out of steam with this topic.

I had another blood draw this morning. Its become a comical event when the staff at my RE's office sees me. A mixed bag of joking about how unlucky I am and condolences for my f'd up situation.

I sat in the car this morning and cried. I haven't cried like that since I found out in June that this would be my 4th loss.

Having miscarriage after miscarriage is hard enough. Being on the sidelines because my body won't return to normal is just as bad.

Time is just tick, tick, ticking away.

I just want to move on.


Update: Today's number is 15 :-( I spoke to the doctor, and since the number is trending down on a consistent basis (be it ever so slow) there will not be any sort of heroic measures to force it down faster (i.e. another d&c or meds). Time is all I have.... more on next steps (extra steps unfortunately) in another post.